[clue] seeking puppet advice

P B witchbutter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:10:49 MDT 2015

I'm relatively new to puppet enterprise but I believe the intent is to
put code which performs the action under "manifests" and a second folder
at the same level as manifests called "examples" in which you would have
an init.pp file with a line as simple as: include aTest  Then you would
invoke the example using puppet apply aTest/examples/init.pp to actually
see a test run of the code. Once you decide it works and you want to
apply it site wide you could add an include in site.pp in the same way.

> Mike Bean <mailto:beandaemon at gmail.com>
> September 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM
>
> I've been staring at something, looking at google, various books for a
> couple days now, I don't know what the heck is going on.  I've got a
> prototype puppet server going in a small environment, but I haven't
> managed to apply a roll-my-own module yet.
>
> I get
> Error: Could not find class aTest for mul-puppet.xxx on node
> mul-puppet.xxxx
>
> Interestingly enough, physically specifiying the long path in the
> site.pp file seems to work
>
> import '/etc/puppet/modules/aTest/manifests/init.pp'
>
> root at mul-puppet:/etc/puppet/manifests# cat
> /etc/puppet/modules/aTest/manifests/init.pp
> class aTest {}
>
> What I don't understand is why the autoloader can't handle it.  I
> literally have other modules I've copied from books the exact same
> way, there's only one difference.   The module name is camelCase.
>  Is it that simple?   does screwing with the case mess with the puppet
> autoloader?
>
> Mike B

Sent from Postbox