[clue] Comcast IPv6?

Mike Shoup mike at shouptech.com
Fri Apr 8 14:22:55 MDT 2016

I was using Comcast's IPv6 for about a couple of months. I have an Ubiquiti
EdgeRouter plugged into a plain Motorola modem. The prefix delegation would
change about once a week, which is completely different from my IPv4
address which hasn't changed since I signed up (even though it's not
supposed to be static).

I ran into some bugs on the EdgeRouter that would make IPv6 completely
unavailable when the prefix delgation changed, so I stopped using IPv6
about a year ago. I haven't tried it since.

I didn't have to do any extra config on the clients. Linux, Windows,
Android, and even my Roku, all picked up IPv6 addresses and just worked.