[clue] Mostly fine laptop free to a good home

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:20:10 MST 2016

I have inherited a laptop I don't need. It's a 15"-ish Lenovo that's a few
years old, but I don't recall the precise model right now. Not a Thinkpad,
one of their consumer ones. It mostly works fine. About every 30 or so
hours of use it hangs for no apparent reason and needs a hard reboot. All
the diagnostics I've done have come back clean, but it does this both under
Linux and Windows so I'm pretty sure it's some kind of hardware problem
that I just haven't been able to nail down yet.

If anyone needs a mostly reliable laptop for something, please let me know
off-list.

QH