[clue] Fwd: [SFS] Python!

Fri Mar 11 09:40:37 MST 2016

My friend Matt James is going to run the Python Knights Study Group for SFS, kicking off 3/14 (Py Day, har). If you're interested in that, read on... If you have someone else that is or ought to be, forward this.

---

Howdy Folks,

Do you keep telling yourself, "I really should learn some Python?" Well, here is your opportunity to do just that! Along with some like-minded coders, I plan to run a 12 week study group that will work through the Think Python! book by Allen B. Downey. ( http://greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/ ) The idea is to work through somewhere between 1 and 3 chapters a week, going through the examples, coming up with our own pet projects, etc. and hashing through them together. This isn't so much of a "I'm going to teach you Python" type of class as it is "Let's learn Python together and I'll help keep everyone on track."

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, drop us a note and find more details on the SFS event page here:

http://www.sofree.us/?p=193766

Thanks!

Matt James