[clue] perl question

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Mar 21 14:02:34 MDT 2016

Mike Bean wrote:
> I have a couple AIX-7 boxes that perl is core-dumping into /tmp.  Left
> unchecked, it fills /tmp and crashes the primary application on the box.
> I must confess,  I'm having a time trying to figure out what to even google
> for here.
> Detail Data
> SIGNAL NUMBER
>            11

So you'd start with "AIX perl core dump".

Signal 11 is a seg fault. I'd guess that's hard to cause in perl. Where did this perl come from? If
it's from IBM then open a ticket with them. If it's locally built then you have to look for better
directions on how to build it. Could be a 32/64 bit issue, or complier options, or ...