[clue] Firewall tool recommendation.

Charles Burton charles.d.burton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:45:05 MDT 2016

I agree with Shawn.  Generally using PFSense or IPFire on my edge(I switch
between the two depending on how irritated they make me) and for hosts I
use salt to manage the firewalls.  It has a nice module built in
https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/states/all/salt.states.iptables.html
that makes building and deploying rules a snap.  One thing I do like about
firewalld is that the rules are written in xml, makes it pretty easy to
parse and redeploy.