[clue] Pulse Oxymeter and Linux Mint 17.1 or Ubuntu 16.04

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 12:49:00 MDT 2016

I haven't, but some USB to serial converters can be finicky. We've had some that will work with some equipment but refuse to talk to other devices.

Do you have the serial comm parameters set up correctly? If the programs you mentioned are designed to work with the oxymeter, the settings might be hardcoded into the program and not adjustable.

I have USB converters at work, but I haven't tried using one with Linux. If we have a serial analyzer on the premises, I could see if I can talk to one using Linux. The procedure looks straightforward but maybe something else is necessary too. Or it could be the converter.