[clue] Filesystems + LDAP permissions???

foo7775 at comcast.net foo7775 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 22:47:29 MDT 2016

Hey all, I appreciate the responses/discussion, I have a little bit more to think about now. You are correct, this is a local filesystem that I'm working with. And if I'm interpreting my boss correctly, I think that the solution that he has in mind is not as involved as implementing Kerberos.

One thing that I've started to wonder about - would it be easier to utilize LDAP permissions if I provided access to the filesystem via a web interface?? Just thinking out loud here (OK, "grasping for straws" might be a more-appropriate phrase...)

I'd be glad to hear anyone else's thoughts on this as well...

Thanks again!