[clue] October CLUE Meeting

Nathan Skoglund skogs at skoglundtech.com
Sun Oct 6 19:52:16 MDT 2019

So I have a potential project...but it isn't a presentation that I can
talk about...because I haven't completed the task and was feeling quite
stupid for several hours the other day.  I am ashamed to say I spent way
too much time being frustrated by what should  have been an almost
turnkey function with almost zero brain time invested. Perhaps one of
you knows the magic handshake:

pfsense dumping logs into ELK/SecurityOnion

I set it up in a proxmox vm; with a separate physical pfsense. Just
couldn't get it going. I could pretty easily spin up a vm on my laptop
for sec onion to get up on the screen...but I need somebody with a
bigger brain to make it eat logs.

-Nathan