[clue] cluster computer

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Oct 16 22:13:02 MDT 2019

Interesting.  I was just reading about this idea yesterday.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167739X18301833#b2
https://fruit-testbed.org/pistack/

I've been thinking that the next generation of developer systems would
be clusters on the desktop.  I want to figure out how to make my
desktop work with that because I really don't want to use a
laptop+cloud (yuck) to do dev work.  I can build a custom distributed
OS but I'm thinking I'd need a specialized WM to distribute apps that
run on the cluster but display on the master node.

I was thinking of using a collection of Jetson Nano's.  The Pi is okay,
but the GPUs make the Nano more interesting.

Not that I don't have enough other unfinished projects....