[clue-adm] security for ta8

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon May 15 17:37:50 MDT 2000

So guys, ssh is installed and functional on ta8.
Other than shutting down telnet and ftp services,
what else can be done to strengthen this machine
against expoits?

I seem to remember Kevin talking about a program
that would drop all packets from a given IP if
it sensed a port scan.  What was its name?

Apache recently got hacked because of an improper
config file.  I can probably find this info, but
if anyone knows the details of this off hand and
would care to send it to me that would be great.

Keeping each other posted about security alerts
would probably be a good idea.

Any other suggestions?

Lynn