[CLUE-Adm] December Meeting Attendance

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Dec 13 15:54:17 MST 2001

Lynn Danielson wrote:

> I uploaded a file called linux_alpha_install_howto.pdf to the
> website repository.  It doesn't cover the AS255 specifically,
> but hopefully it will still be useful.  Maybe we can get some
> another installation sheet from Compaq that is specifically
> for that AS255.

62 pages!?!  Geez, I was just going to follow debian's directions.  I'll
let you know how it goes.  I don't care at all what we run on the web
site (you could argue OpenBSD for security, but that would be silly).
As long as it has a bash that supports vi style command editing (set -o
vi) - the current system doesn't seem to :-)

I took a quick look at Compaq, didn't see anything newer/better than
what you put up.  Don't bother reading the Alpha howto in the LDP.
Nothing helpful for installing.

Debian does support AS255s, so I'm still hopeful about that route.  I'll
start tonight or tomorrow.