[CLUE-Adm] CLUE Speakers Bureau

Jim Intriglia jimintriglia at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 21:13:35 MDT 2001

>From: Lynn Danielson <lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us>
>To: clue-admin at clue.denver.co.us
>Subject: Re: [CLUE-Adm] CLUE Speakers Bureau
>Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 19:16:48 -0600
>
>Jim Intriglia wrote:
> >
> > This has come up a couple of times recently - has CLUE established a
> > Speakers Bureau (with a volunteer co-ordinator) as of yet?  Did not
> > see anything on the web site to that affect.
>
>No.  Other than you and Chuck Morrison, I don't know of anyone else
>in the community who has spoken to other SIGs about Linux.

Sat with Charlie Oriez at last months AITP (denveraitp.org) dinner meeting -
he is very much into Linux since the talk we gave for AITP a while ago.

Charlie asked if we (CLUE) would be interested in talking at their upcoming
"Survisors: Reality-Based IT" conference in Vail Sept 20-22). Might be a
good opportunity to do a "Linux for Suits" session as well as a technical
talk. What do you think?

The Speakers Bureau idea came back to mind (again) as I spoke with owners at
recent Internet Chamber of Commerce mixers (icc.org). Some business
executives/owners are very interested in the benefits that Linux-based
systems have to offer, but were ignorant of open source solutions in
general.

"Can someone come a do a presentation at our company?" came up a few times.
My thinking is that if we can provide folks to talk/teach about Linux in the
enterprise as well as Linux for samll businesses, this may spur some
interest leading to future employment opportunities for Clue-Job'ers.

>As speaker
>coordinator it might make sense for me to handle this, but if you're
>offering to do so, I wouldn't be offended.

OK. Sherman Woo (see AITP web site) may also be interested in presenting a
future Clue Kiss/Main session.

>Jeff, I'd like to make a motion that Jim be nominated to the new
>volunteer position of Speaker Bureau Coordinator.  ;-)
>
>Lynn

Thanks. I accept the nomination ;-)