[CLUE-Adm] Steering Meeting Notes

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Feb 4 07:32:01 MST 2002

Steering Meeting Attendees:

  Dave Anselmi - Webmaster, en absentia
  Jef Barnhardt - Emeritus
  Mike Benavides - Special Events Coordinator
  Jeff Cann - President
  Kevin Cullis - Emeritus
  Lynn Danielson - Speaker Liason
  Roy Johnston - Public Relations

Next Scheduled Meeting:  2 March 2002 (details TBA)

CLUE Domain Name
--------------------------------
  + Techangle remapping zone (DNS) server.
  + Need to update clue.denver.co.us to point to new DNS.

Action:
 + Lynn will get contact information and submit request.
 + Lynn will contact Dave Anselmi to post contact information to the CLUE
Admin web site (http://clue.denver.co.us/admin).

Installfest - February 16
------------------------------------
 + 10 am - 5 pm @ Batky-Howell
 + Volunteers @ 9 am
 + Disclaimer sign-in?

Action:
 - Mike to have additional details posted on web site by Dave Anselmi.
 - Mike to check for installfest disclaimers.

CLUE North
-------------------
  + Admin supports monthly meeting in North Denver
  + We need 2-3 volunteers (that live up North)
  + Provide resources and experience to help

Action:  Jeff to post emails to CLUE-Talk, CLUE-Tech.  Announcement next mtg.

CLUE Non-Profit Status
-------------------------------------
  + We have a small operating budget (i.e., 'zero') before the projector fund.
  + We have not received requests from sponsors of tax-exempt status for
donations.
  + This issue is closed.

Silent Auction
---------------------
  + Will have an auction night, in place of the CLUE main meeting (keep KISS)
  + Bids in one dollar increments
  + Minimum bid set by donor (unless totally unreasonable).
  + For items under $20, all proceeds to CLUE.
  + Items over $20, anything above minimum bid to CLUE, minimum to donor.
  + Accept items related to Linux:  books, hardware, software.
  + Items that do not sell must be taken by donor.
  + Tenatively May or June.
  + Silent auction and live auction.
  + Roy has a friend who is an auctioneer.

Action:
 - Roy to check on auctioneer's availability.
 - Roy to check on banking information for referrals.
 - Jeff will get DBA form for CLUE.