[CLUE-Adm] Speaker Guidelines

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Tue Feb 19 21:23:23 MST 2002

Being the speaker for April (and wondering if I will
need some chicken wire on the stage at this point ;-) ),
I would leave the questions portion up to the speaker.
Personally, I normally will say if I would like questions
during or after a presentation, the prior being what I
plan for in April since most of the time the relevance
of the question will be good then, not later (sometime
forgotten).

I would however also think that if someone cannot be
polite, a gent or a lady, in during a presentation,
a kind reminder that we are all adults here, and should
act like such might be in order.  Personally, I have
seen my presentation have folks both for and against
the idea of a certification, so I am expecting both
ends of the spectrum.  I also do not mind some "intelligent
debating" as well (to put it nicely).  But then, I am
more open minded than most folks as well (which I think
Lynn and company of the CLUE-Cert group might have
noticed a few Mondays ago).

Just some $0.02.  In the end, I expect anything, yet
nothing.  Saves from receiving disappointments in life.
;-)

--- Crawford