[CLUE-Admin] CLUE ADMIN Installfest June 15

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sat May 18 21:09:06 MDT 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> > * A what is linux and why we love it presentation, and perhaps
> > additional discussion before the install and perhaps at lunch time?
>
> I don't think we had any volunteers.  Volunteers?

I plan to be there.  We discussed holding a talk for newbies, perhaps in the
morning and the afternoon.  My impression was that it would be a "what is
Linux" type talk, so I will be happy to do an off the cuff talk.  It may be
a history of OSs talk or maybe a "Dave's philosophy of computers (markedly
differen't than Bill's)" and I would take as much time as necessary to
answer questions.  Probably I'd do 5 minutes and then let questions steer
the discussion.  So call me a volunteer.

We also talked about "theme" talks/demos down the road and I like the idea
of "killer app" demos.  Since those take a little more preparation, can we
start planning the next installfest early?  At the last one I tossed out May
as the next date, but by the time we got to it we slipped to June.  If we
could at least have a meeting (by the end of June, say) to pick a tentative
date and identify goals and people to work on them, I think we could get it
done.