[CLUE-Admin] June 15th Installfest

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sat May 18 22:46:34 MDT 2002

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> David,
>
> There is nothing wrong with Batky-Howell at all.  My thoughts are to
> change venues once in a while to see different organizations and to
> provide other organizations the opportunity to contribute to our cause
> AND opportunities for us to see how THEY work.  It's also a way to get
> "corporations" to see that there are a number of us who are out there
> that do this Open Source software stuff for a living/for fun beyond the
> marketing hype of MS.  Always, always, always think of these
> opportunities in terms of exposure and the promotion of Linux/OSS.  If
> it so happens that some of the corporate executives show up at the
> Installfest, it's a way of adding credibility to Will that there are
> interested people beyond his four walls, especially locally.  Can you
> imagine what the executives will think if they stop by and actually talk
> with us about Linux and it's benefits?

Ok, thanks.  I'm all for advertising to our hosts and getting our message to
them.  I don't mind seeing other places too, especially if it brings in
interesting people like Will.

But we have to balance that against the hassle to those who attend if we move
around.  We do have some regulars at installfest, and we know what to expect
at BH.  It would be a shame (especially with execs present) to have to say
"well, I could show you how to do this but we don't have an Internet
connection here".

I'm not necessarily arguing against moving around, just want to make sure we
consider the issues.