[CLUE-Admin] Sponsor drive

Jeffery Cann president at clue.denver.co.us
Sun Nov 3 22:51:26 MST 2002

Greetings.

I wrote up the 4 options available for vendor solicitation, as we discussed at
the last admin meeting.  I uploaded an RTF file to the admin page
(www.cluedenver.org/admin).  Click on the 'Sponsor Policies' link to download
it.

Following is a text-only version of the document.  Please use this information
when you contact folks about sponsorship.  Finally, I appreciate any
suggestions to improve it -- the document is in CVS!

Also, I put Dave Price in touch with two potential sponsors - IBM and 1mage
(One-Image).  In addition, I contaced SCO.  Still working on JD Edwards and
Oracle.

Dave and Lynn -- Can you update to the list on your progress regarding
sponsors?

Thanks
Jeff
----------------------- Sponsor Policies -----------------

CLUE Introduction
--------------------
The Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE) is the Linux User Group (LUG)
for the Denver metro area (http://www.cluedenver.org/).  Our primary goals
are advocacy and education about Linux.  We hold two meetings each month.
The first meeting is located in the DTC and is held on the second Tuesday of
each month.  The second meeting is held on the third Thursday of each month
at Regis University.  The agenda and topics for each meeting are different.

CLUE is one of the oldest LUGs in the United States.  We were formed in 1994.
We have over 250 members subscribed to various email lists and our web site
receives over 10,000 visits per month.  Many of our members seek sponsors
directly because they know these organizations are affiliated with CLUE.
Your organization could benefit directly and indirectly if you become a CLUE
Sponsor.

CLUE Sponsors
------------------
Throughout the history of CLUE, we have been popular as a marketing outlet for
various Linux companies.  The majority will donate prizes, such as books,
software evaluations, marketing information.  We distribute these prizes at
each of our meetings.

We have two levels of sponsorship:  'Premier' and 'General'.  'Premier'
sponsors receive additional recognition, including placement on our sponsor
placard at the monthly meetings.  All sponsors receive the benefit of a
listing on our CLUE Sponsor's web page.  The following options are available
for your organization to sponsor CLUE.

Vendor Giveaways - Provide Linux-related materials to given away at our
monthly meetings.  We will specifically name your organization during the
meeting announcements as a sponsor.  Organizations that provide giveaway
materials will become a CLUE General sponsor for the next 6 month period.

Vendor Table - Set up a table at one of our meetings to distribute information
or demonstrate your Linux-related product or service.  For additional
information regarding the 'Vendor Table' program, please visit our 'Vendor
Policies' page at http://www.cluedenver.org/vendorPolicies.html.  Vendors who
sponsor a table

Financial Contribution - Our current meeting room requires a monthly meeting
charge.  Your organization can help defray our meeting room costs or provide
snacks and beverages for the next 12 months.  We have 3 levels of sponsorship
for 2003 - $500, $1000, and $1500 for 2003.  Contributors over $1000 receive
'Premier' sponsor status while the $500 level will receive 'General' sponsor
status.

Host CLUE Meetings - Does your organization have a large, accessible meeting
room?  Historically, each time we move into a larger meeting area, it fills
up!  Thus, we would like to move from our current meeting room, which holds
65 people to a larger room with a 100-person capacity.  In addition, consider
sponsoring our quarterly Installfests.  It's a great way to get your
organization involved directly with CLUE.

CLUE Sponsorship