Missing packages [was Re: [CLUE-Admin] From the Desk of Paul Bille]

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Nov 14 21:36:15 MST 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:
[...]

> Dave,
>
> But we'll need to compile webalizer!
>
> Isn't it 'apt-get gcc' or something?
>
> :-)

You'll be surprised how much is missing on the new server ;-)

Actually, the hard part of building it will be finding all the
"installed from source" stuff, and I expect it to be trial and error.
Hopefully I'm close to putting it up in test mode for you guys to play
with.  But I have a lot of other commitments to handle, and my ISP wants
to cut off my servers unless I upgrade my account (yuck!)

I try to keep unnecessary stuff off my servers (things like ed, even).
I guess I trust official packages to a degree, but I'd prefer to compile
things on a test platform when installing from source.  Not sure how
that will work out for this box yet, but I'll adapt.