Missing packages [was Re: [CLUE-Admin] From the Desk of Paul Bille]

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Nov 15 20:53:35 MST 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 09:36 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> You'll be surprised how much is missing on the new server ;-)
>
> Actually, the hard part of building it will be finding all the
> "installed from source" stuff, and I expect it to be trial and error.

Dave,

Don't think that because we compiled things that you need to do the same.
Binary packages from debian are fine.  The main reasons we compiled some
packages was because standard configurations, like Apache + PHP + MySQL
weren't available for the older RHAT distributions.

The packages I remember installing from source are:

apache
mysql
postgres
php
webalizer

I think these all are common distribution components in binary format, so
don't think you need to compile from source packages.

    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/