[CLUE-Admin] [Fwd: CLUE Web Site Contact Form - Linux, Clue GUI, et al. (Thu Oct 24 2002 12:20 pm)]

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Oct 24 16:00:04 MDT 2002

Sigh.  It's true, our contact form validation is naive.  Here's the
regex it uses:

ereg( '^[A-Za-z0-9._]+\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]+\.[A-Za-z]+$', $from )

which fails if there are more than 2 domain name parts.  It also fails
the cases listed here:

http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.13.html#subj17

Don't know how soon I'll have time to fix it since I'm not up on php regexs.

At least he liked Jeff's talk.  The Linux history link below looks
interesting, too.

Dave