[CLUE-Admin] Admin Steering Notes (9/21)

El Presidente de CLUE president at clue.denver.co.us
Sun Sep 22 14:41:11 MDT 2002

Here are the admin steering notes:

1. Installfest confirmed
   + October 12
   + Location:  Batky-Howell
   + Jeff Cann will send out announcements each week to CLUE Announce

2. CLUE North Update
   + Meetings scheduled through December @ Regis Adult Eduction Center
   + Please talk up the north meeting
   + Web site updates:  Randy Arrabie
   + Speaker liason:  Crawford Rainwater

3. CLUE Server
   + P2 / 350 MHz / 384 MB RAM / 6 GB HDD
   + Dave Anselmi to install and configure Debian
   + Mike Benavides possibly to trade 4 U rack mount for case
   + Jeff Cann will contact Mike and Dave regarding the hardware transfer.

4. CLUE Meeting Room
   + Dave Hahn cleared Radisson for CLUE meetings at a discounted rate:
     $150 / meeting.
   + Hall-Kinion currently pays $200 for our meeting space.
   + We think the move is a good idea for the following reasons
	- More space allows for more comfortable seating for CLUEbies.
	- More consistent temperature control, compared to current room.
	- Easier access:
		- Handicapped access
		- Doors do not lock!
	- Internet connectivity
	- Opportunity for socializing after meeting using hotel facilities.

    + We are targeting January 2003 for the first Radisson meeting, pending
      the following action items:

	1.  Corporate sponsorship drive (now until Oct 31st):
	     Benefits:
		+ Sponsor's board - easel on podium
		+ CLUE web site exposure (600K page views per year)
		+ 1 year membership
		+ Targets Linux community directly.
		+ Logo listed on meeting flyer.

	     To Do:
		- Jeff Cann will create a 1 page marketing flyer for campaign:
		- Dave Price will contact HP and Tattered Cover.
		- Lynn Danielson will contact IBM.
		- Jeff Cann will contact Sun, JD Edwards, Oracle, Hall-Kinion
		- Jef Barnhart will research printing costs.

	2.  Membership drive on hold pending the results of corporate sponsor drive.
		- Membership benefits:
			+ Email alias:  user at clue.denver.co.us
			+ CLUE home page:  http://clue.denver.co.us/~user  (10 MB)
			+ Entered into door prize drawing if present at meeting
		- $25 per year target amount, 40-70 paid members.

	3.  Proposed meeting changes:
		- Meetings will continue to be free and open to anyone.
		- Door prize drawing only open to members or those which pay a nominal
		meeting fee ($2) at the door to cover meeting room.
		- Sponsor's board
		- Meeting flyer - meeting topics, CLUE urls, sponsor logos.

	4.  Jeff Cann will contact Dave Hahn regarding Radisson reservations.