[CLUE-Admin] Admin Steering Notes (9/21)

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Sep 22 19:18:27 MDT 2002

Shoot, how'd I miss such an interesting meeting?

El Presidente de CLUE wrote:

> 3. CLUE Server
>    + P2 / 350 MHz / 384 MB RAM / 6 GB HDD
>    + Dave Anselmi to install and configure Debian
>    + Mike Benavides possibly to trade 4 U rack mount for case
>    + Jeff Cann will contact Mike and Dave regarding the hardware transfer.

Cool, that's the easiest time I've had convincing someone to pick Debian ;-)

My preference when running Debian has been to use the testing distro.
Then apt-get update/upgrade will pull in all the latest packages in one
shot.  I guess that the way the Debian folks expect production boxes to
run is to put the stable distro on and they patch the stable packages to
fix security problems.

Anyone care how I configure the new server?

Can anyone tell me how to get a list of installed packages on the
current server (using rpm)?