[CLUE-Admin] Fw: Item for website news section (Sat Aug 2 2003 09:17 pm)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Aug 2 23:52:58 MDT 2003

Well, folks. Whaddaya think?

I can't say I'm particularly fond of the "partnership" language.

jed

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 21:17:46 -0600
From: Charlie Oriez <charlie.oriez at rmc.sierraclub.org>

Some CLUE members (Alex Young, Matt Gushee, a few others) are working with
the Sierra Club to accept donations of used computers, install linux, and
get them into Denver schools.  Depending on whether or not CLUE is willing
to be an official sponsor or not, I'd like a version of the following to
appear on your site.

(CLUE, in partnership with | Some CLUE members working with) the Sierra
Club Foundation (is | are) accepting donations of used computers,
installing linux on them, and donating them to Denver area schools.  This
new program will be modeled after the StRUT program <http://strut.org>
that has put 22,000 donated computers into Oregon schools and kept 1400
tons of hardware out of landfills.  To volunteer for the program or donate
large quantities of computers, contact charlie.oriez at rmc.sierraclub.org