[CLUE-Admin] Fw: Item for website news section (Sat Aug 2 2003 09:17 pm)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Aug 4 22:38:04 MDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:49:15 -0600
Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> I agree with Jed's comment.  How about something other than partnership
> or association.  Here's my suggestion:
>
> "CLUE contributes used computer equipment to the Sierra Club for their
> recycling program.

CLUE, collectively as an organization? Doesn't fit. Also not what's
happening, AFAICT.

> I'm willing to setup an email alias to the members so we don't have to
> publish their email addresses on the web site; rather, we can link them
> via the contact us form.
>
> Are we getting a reciprocal link off their page?  I would like it if we
> did, but not a big issue.

I suspect Charlie would be amenable to that, but I can't really speak to
that issue.

Allow me to re-post Charlie's alternate language -- note that he included
his Sierra Club e-mail address as a contact point.

Some CLUE members working with the Sierra Club Foundation
are accepting donations of used computers, installing linux
on them, and donating them to Denver area schools. This new
program will be modeled after the StRUT program
<http://strut.org> that has put 22,000 donated computers into
Oregon schools and kept 1400 tons of hardware out of landfills.
To volunteer for the program or donate large quantities of
computers, contact charlie.oriez at rmc.sierraclub.org.