[CLUE-Admin] Fw: Item for website news section (Sat Aug 2 2003 09:17 pm)

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Mon Aug 4 21:49:15 MDT 2003

On Sunday 03 August 2003 14:26, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> I'm unhappy about any implied endorsement. I don't think CLUE should be in
> the business of taking any positions, even by implication of association,
> with anything outside the world of Linux

I agree with Jed's comment.  How about something other than partnership or
association.  Here's my suggestion:

"CLUE contributes used computer equipment to the Sierra Club for their
recycling program.  These computers are placed into Denver area schools.  You
can learn more about how to donate or contribute your valuable time by
contacting CLUE	members (contact us link).  You can learn more about this
program here (link)."

I'm willing to setup an email alias to the members so we don't have to publish
their email addresses on the web site; rather, we can link them via the
contact us form.

Are we getting a reciprocal link off their page?  I would like it if we did,
but not a big issue.

Finally, with regard to sponsorship, this would not classify.  Sponsors give
stuff to us, not the other way 'round.  ;)

"Keep yourselves far from every form of exaggerated nationalism, racism and
intolerance."
-- Pope John Paul II