[CLUE-Admin] Re: CLUE-Tech post from admin@clue.denver.co.us requires approval

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Aug 5 09:23:41 MDT 2003

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:44:40 -0600
Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

> >We sure don't want to have to deal with any of the problems which
> >result from being listed on ORBS (or whatever its successor is), or any
> >of the other blacklists. Or have to deal with abuse complaints
> >resulting from having an open relay.
> >

> As far as I know this hasn't been a problem.  I think Jeff is set up to
> receive root traffic on the box and he hasn't mentioned anyone
> contacting him about this.  How does one check the ORBS list or
> other blacklists?

I don't know how many there are, but here are a few.

http://mail-abuse.org/rbl/
http://work-rss.mail-abuse.org/rss/
http://www.ordb.org/
http://openrbl.org/

And the big list at OpenDirectory:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Abuse/Spam/Blacklists/

I checked the RBL and the ORDB lists, and we're not listed. Since Dave
mentioned that the SMTP server isn't wide open, it's a moot point, I
guess.