[CLUE-Admin] Memberships and email

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Fri Aug 15 18:32:16 MDT 2003

Jeff Cann wrote:

>On Friday 15 August 2003 8:17 am, Lynn Danielson wrote:
>

>>Do we have a new admin yet?
>>

>Yes - Jeff Orrock has agreed.  But he's out of town for a few weeks and when
>he get's back, I'm planning on meeting him and getting him details on the new
>server and plan to switch over.
>

>>Does anyone care if I start adding the members who signed up this week to the aliases file?
>>

>Nope, but it's going to have to be transferred to exim on the new Debian box -
>should not be a problem.

Exim configuration sounds like a problem for Jeff O.

>>I'd also like to start a new list CLUE-Members.
>>

>... go for it. Please make yourself the moderator.

OK.

>>If there's enough money left in the coffers after purchasing a projector and screen, I'd like to spend a few bucks on burgers, brats, chips and soda's and have a park gathering [BBQ] some where ...
>>

>Sounds like a good idea.  I would like to discuss any budget issues before we
>schedule the BBQ.  With the $420, we have $2020 in the CLUE fund.  Some
>expenses are:  projector, screen, business cards, membership cards, BBQ.  So,
>we should consider all of the items for the next 6-12 months in a budget.

Eek!  A budget.  Planning expenses is a good idea, but, if we're
going to do a BBQ, it would be nice to it while the weather is
still warm.  Third or fourth week of September perhaps?

>>One of our new members asked if they would get a membership card?
>>I liked this idea a lot and I'm suprised we didn't think of this before.
>>

>We did talk about it maybe 2 years ago; not lately though.

I don't remember that.  Big suprise. :-)

>>I'll look into printing up some business cards.
>>

>How about something laminated?  More durable.  Also, it would be fun if we had
>a 'member since 2003' on each card (like AMEX).  Perhaps it would encourage
>consistent renewals?  What's more impressive at a party than whipping out
>your CLUE CLUB card, anyway?

Well, I could probably think of a few things.  I will look into laminating
and find out how much that would cost.  I agree that the "member since ..."
line would be a nice touch.

Later,

Lynn