[CLUE-Admin] CLUE-North meeting location options

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Tue Dec 9 12:01:01 MST 2003

Here is the current status of the CLUE-North meeting sites for all.

Presently, I am awaiting a Dean contact from Jeff Cann to see what we
can do about Regis University for 2004.  Currently, we have the room for
18 December, but then that is it until further notice.

Joanne has made arrangements for use of some rooms at DeVry on 122nd and
~Pecos.  I looked at the rooms today, and it is a very nice spread
overall, rooms with computers and without (yet connections for all to
plug in and go online).  The potential issue is availability during the
week since DeVry also has evening classes.  I recall when we were
forming the CLUE-North core admins (Dave, Gus, Joanne, Randy, and
myself) we had a discussion with the CLUE-Admins about which days during
the month were dates that were not covered by other various computer
geek oriented groups (i.e., other LUGs, various programming dev groups,
etc.).

The layout at DeVry is quite nice (and very new).  All the rooms that
Joanne had in mind had over LCD projectors and speakers.  The rooms
without the computers in it had spots for folks to plug in built into
the desks.  The rooms with computers in them were equally nice, just
some space concerns with the computers on the desks (Winblows XP I am
told) for something like an InstallFest or Hacking Society style
meeting.  Their network for these rooms are isolated from DeVry's
administrative network as well (hence called the "twilight zone rooms"
per Joanne).  Forgot to check about WiFi there, but I suspect that
should not be an issue due to the CLUE-North WAP.

The other pro of DeVry...there are various after meeting hang out spots,
including CB Potts, and a Hooters under construction, with Krispy Kreme
2 miles away.  This has been a slight issue with socializing after
meetings at Regis.

Opening the floor for comments and suggestions.  Both would be free in
costs (a nice bonus as usual) with Joanne being the faculty rep for
DeVry to take that portion out of the equation.

--- Crawford
CLUE-North Coordinator/Lackie