[CLUE-Admin] Revolution OS -- next month's meeting

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Tue Dec 9 14:35:18 MST 2003

Jed S. Baer wrote:

>Lynn Danielson <lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:
>

>>So, are you afraid that you'll blow your speakers with a headphone
>>output? The impedance for a headphone jack is probably 8 ohms, so it
>>wouldn't be a bad mismatch.  I think if we started with the volume down
>>and slowly brought it up, we could safely use the headphone jack.  But
>>if you'd prefer, I can probably bring a regular dvd player instead of my
>>laptop.  It would require rca jacks.  Otherwise, I can bring my speaker
>>system.  It's not much but it should generate enough volume for everyone
>>in the room to hear it.
>>

>It isn't just whether the output would damage the input section of the
>Altecs (built-in amplifier), it would be the result that we then wouldn't
>have sound for the movie.

That would be a worst case senario.

>Using a DVD player is the most conservative option, provided the CLUE
>projector will take NTSC video input, or S-Video, or something provided by
>the DVD player. I will do some experimenting here and see if anything
>obvious suggests itself. My DVD player has multiple output capabilities,
>which I've never examined, since I have just this plain old TV.

I'll bring my dvd player.  We can jack the composite video into the
projector.
That'll work fine.  If someone could bring a s-video cable you could
bring along,
that would give us a clearer more readable image.   Assuming your sound
system will work with the rca jack outputs we should be fine.

Lynn