[CLUE-Admin] CVS loginfo and MailMan

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sun Dec 14 20:31:41 MST 2003

Jed S. Baer wrote:

>It might not be a necessary thing, but I continue to hope that CLUE site
>development will attract a few participants.
>
>Anyway, what I'd like to do is set up CVS to mail CLUE-Dev on commits.
>Presumably, this will require having the CVS user subscribed to the list,
>but there isn't any reason for the CVS user to be receiving such e-mails.
>Is it possible to set things up in mailman such that the CVS user can
>send, but won't receive CLUE-Dev emails?

You can set up a user so that they can send but don't receive
emails.  But not on a case by case basis if that's what you're
looking for.  Either the account will receive emails or it
won't.  A number of people are subscribed multiple times
to the CLUE lists, so that they can send from their different
email addresses.  Typically, only one of those accounts is
set up to receive mail.  I think the feature was primarily
designed for people to turn off list mail while on vacation
without having to unsubscribe and resubscribe.

Fwiw,

Lynn