[CLUE-Admin] CVS loginfo and MailMan

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Dec 17 06:09:06 MST 2003

Jed S. Baer wrote:
[...]
> It doesn't appear that this worked. I gave it about 20 minutes, still no
> mail on CLUE-Dev. I looked around for a likely log file to see an error
> message, but nothing presented itself, and I admit I haven't any idea what
> would be stderr for the log.pl script running under the CVS server. I
> didn't see anything of interest in /var/log/messages.

I looked around.  You asked for this:

 > site_devel /usr/local/cvs-1.10/contrib/log.pl \
 > %s -f CVSROOT/commitlog -m clue-dev at clue.denver.co.us

log.pl isn't executable.  Don't know if that matters.

The #! line in log.pl says "#! xPERL_PATHx" which might not work correctly.

Looking at log.pl, it looks like you need to single quote the %s
argument.  The file list has to be one word for the script to work
(that's in the usage line if you look closely).

Finally, I'm not sure that CVSROOT/commitlog works.  The examples in the
manual show absolute paths, so at least $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/commitlog.
(There isn't any commitlog file so log.pl must be dying before line 102.)

Maybe that helps.  I don't seem to remember the root password so I can't
play with things.