[CLUE-Admin] Re: DNS talk

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Jan 13 13:57:12 MST 2003

Lynn Danielson wrote:
> To Dave [Hahn] and Dave [Anselmi] mostly.
>
> You two were the ones who spoke up about Cricket as a speaker.
> Which talk would you guys be most interested in?  If you have
> a preference, I'd be happy to pass that on to him.  Otherwise,
> I'll post to clue-talk/tech and query the rest of the gang.
[...]
>>>- One on threats to DNS on the Internet
>>>- One on securing BIND name servers
>>>- One on upgrading to BIND 9

I've heard the first two, and I'm not running BIND so upgrading isn't
too interesting.  So I don't really care.

Both of the first two talks are worth hearing again.  You can look at
the slides here:

http://www.fruug.org/Archive/2002-12/cricketDNS-2002-12.pdf
http://www.fruug.org/Archive/2002-03/DNS_BIND_security.pdf

The first is more general and maybe more interesting to people not
running BIND.  The second is probably more useful for people running
BIND who may not know much about security issues.  FWIW.

Ask the lists or flip a coin.