[CLUE-Admin] Re: DNS talk

Paul Bille Paul at eBille.cudenver.edu
Tue Jan 14 00:12:03 MST 2003

> - One on threats to DNS on the Internet
> - One on securing BIND name servers
> - One on upgrading to BIND 9

I'd like to see something technical.  Upgrading to BIND 9 is covered in
Cricket's book in detail but most of us are already on BIND 9 (at least
I am).  I wonder if we could get Cricket to talk about domain
delegation, DNS slave server, zone transfer, dynamic updating, DNS and
mail . . . There's sooo much I don't understand.

Cricket talked about DNS queries inundating the top level servers when
he spoke in Boulder.  I'd like to hear more about why that happens and
how to prevent it.

Thanks,
Paul