[CLUE-Admin] Meeting location page

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jul 8 13:15:34 MDT 2003

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:29:16 -0600
Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

> http://www.clue.denver.co.us/meetingInfo.html
>
> Jed,

> So, we could say something to the effect that our meeting room
> is subject to change and to either contact the hotel or check with
> the front desk for meeting room location when you attend a
> meeting.  The Radisson has been posting our meetings on an event
> sign near the front desk and I'm pretty sure the room is listed there.

Working on that.

> Also, the link to the Radisson's floor plan
> The following link currently oes, but I'm not sure we can rely on
> it  for a web page link:
> <http://www.radisson.com/hoteldirectory/hotelmeetingdetailshome.jsp?id=
> highlight1&hotelCode=COAURORA&hotelID=8596&hotelName=Radisson+Hotel+Den
> ver+Southeast+-+Tech+Center&selection=meetings&PackageLevelID=3>
>
> If we downloaded the floor plan jpeg, I think we could count
> on that not to change any time soon.  Otherwise, I think we
> should drop the link to floor plans all together.

I don't see any specific "terms of use" on the Radisson page
permitting/denying copying their content, other than the blanket "all
rights reserved" at the bottom of the page. Do we need to worry about
that?

Also, Yahoo has a better map (maybe -- see below). Anyone see any
objections with their terms of use?
  http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/maps/maps-24.html

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/maps/insert/extmap/*-http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?&country=us&uz=80014&cs=9&Ed=OnRE4.p_0TqdtFoNuQQlMg6i.Tz3MB3KdudvOhKGbBeQ0GhFy0AhKUoBNcABl26y3IFBmvpOLmml1FTnFO9Ivc5fbD_ZkQwPTA0SOx8_gi0pPC_AeLlb8xn0fBOibIQYwIRah00y2zhLd5weP3g-&csz=Aurora,+CO+80014-6200&mag=8

Egadz! What a long URL!

OTOH, mapquest shows a slightly different location. Seems to me the hotel
is on the south side of 225, and the Yahoo map is wrong. Hmmm. Mapquests's
license specifies "personal" use (same as Yahoo).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=3200+S.+Parker+Rd&city=&state=&zipcode=80014&homesubmit=Get+Map

http://www.mapquest.com/about/copyright.adp