[CLUE-Admin] Meeting location page

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jul 8 16:32:24 MDT 2003

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:47:36 -0600
Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

> As for use of Mapquest and Yahoo maps, I thought it was ok as
> long as you left their trademark on the graphic.  I guess the fact
> that lots of people do it doesn't make it right.  I think it would
> be difficult to construe our website as personal use, but we are a
> not for profit organization.  Officially CLUE is not even an entity.
> So, if there is a copyright violation what's the worst that could
> happen? Could they go after individual volunteers?  Could they go after
> Techangle?

The overwhelmingly likely scenario would be we'd get a "please remove"
letter. Even if they contacted Techangle directly, and cited the DMCA, I'd
feel safe betting we'd get a chance to just take it down before anything
happened that anyone needed to worry about.

O' course Dave & Roy might feel otherwise.