[CLUE-Admin] June meeting.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sat Jun 7 13:08:08 MDT 2003

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:35:12 -0600
Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:

> Jed S. Baer wrote:
>
> >I'm happy to bug Zonker for an abstract, if Lynn doesn't mind my
> >invading his turf. ;-) Hey, maybe Z's on the list.
>
> Not at all, Jed.  I've got some bio info for Zonker somewhere.  I'll try
> to get that to you later today.

Got it from the Zource, so we're good to go.

> For as poor of a job as I've been doing to stay on top of meeting
> presentations, I'd like to
> suggest that we start looking for a new speaker coordinator.  I'll
> continue to try to to the
> job until we do.  Paul Bille was offering to help me out last month.
> Perhaps he'd be willing
> to take over the position.

Hey, everybody gets busy at times. I never thought that a full day of
physical labor would make me feel so wiped out, but I've been dragging for
the last 3 weeks working my current job.

Well, I have a thought that might help there. As part of the website
upgrade, why not have the system send out an e-mail midway in the
preceding month to the speaker requesting an abstract? It'd be easy to do
that, I think.

> For the record, here's what I have on the agenda:
> Scott Marlowe has agree'd (verbally) to do a simple database comparison
> talk for next
> Tuesday's KISS.  He said that he'd discuss PostgreSQL, MySQL and
> Interbase (Pheonix?),
> differences between the three and cases where one may be preferred over
> the rest.

Okey dokey, I'll stick it on the website.

> I have Roy and Dave (Techangle) on the agenda for next month (July) to
> discuss faxing
> with Linux, sendfax+mgetty not hylafax.  I need to confirm that with
> them.  No KISS
> session scheduled yet.
>
> Art Reisman is scheduled to talk about his experience with an open
> source project,
> bandwidth arbitrator, in August.  No KISS session scheduled.

You can put me down for "Stupid Gimp Tricks" in July, although I'm sorta
hesitant about getting that down to a half hour. I can always just go from
one Script-Fu to another, which, if nothing else, can produce some
entertaining results. That and run the Gee-Zoom plugin for a minute. ;-)

I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl