[CLUE-Admin] FW: New Real Estate E-Newsletter

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Mar 14 11:43:20 MST 2003

Rick Helmich wrote:
[...]
> I see four things that I could do to try to fix the problem:
>
> 1. Send an apology and an opt-in announcement to the people on the list
> I made up that have not already responded either positively or negatively.
> 2. Send an apology to the people on the list and drop the whole idea of
> sending out the newsletter.
> 3. Let it stand with this apology.  I am dropping anyone who does not
> want the newsletter from the list now.
> 4. Just drop the whole thing with this apology and no further contact.

[...]
> Which option does the Admin group thing I should take?
> RickH

Rick,

I think you should not post to the CLUE lists on this topic any further.
  If someone says something that you have to respond to, do it privately.

As for the message you sent out, that was between you and the recipients
so it is up to you how you handle it.

For the rest of the admins, this does not seem to me to be an issue for
us.  Rick took addresses out of his personal address book and sent a
personal message to them.  Obviously that tactic is not terribly
successful.  For us to prevent this we would have to prevent members
from seeing other members' addresses on the web pages (easy) and in the
mail headers (perhaps not difficult, but overkill, I think).

We can revisit the issue if the problem recurrs.