[CLUE-Admin] Thoughts on newsletter

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Sat Mar 22 16:00:15 MST 2003

Hey all,

I was thinking this morning about the newsletter. Specifically, I was
thinking to myself, "self, time to work on the newsletter."

Then, I was thinking about all of the input I've gotten from folks about
what they'd like to see in the newsletter.

That would be none. After the last meeting, where I stood up and asked
for people to e-mail me comments or critiques or whatever about the
newsletter, I received absolutely no input at all. Not one person who
was at the meeting took the time to write an e-mail and say "I'd like to
see this" or "I like this" or even "It's an fscking waste of time and
I'll never read it, but thanks."

That makes me wonder just how useful it is to produce a newsletter when
there seems to be no interest.

I was also thinking that it might be more useful to have something
slightly more fluid than a newsletter... so I'm proposing something
else, a CLUE-blog.

Instead of a once-a-month newsletter that (apparently) no one reads, I'm
proposing a weblog that can be continually updated with important
information... I'm still willing to "edit" said blog, but I'm just
questioning whether the newsletter format is the best way to go. I'm
still more than willing to do a newsletter, too, if that's the best way
to go... but I'm thinking that maybe it isn't and I'd like to get a
little feedback.

I thought I would toss this out to the admin group first before putting
it on the general talk list.

Best,

Zonker
--