[CLUE-Admin] blog sounds fine what the about meeting materials I sent you ?

Gus S Calabrese from Fitz wft at frii.com
Sat Mar 22 19:13:36 MST 2003

I want a history of the meetings and other stuff that happens
regarding CLUE.  I want it available all the time on the website.
E-mails apprising me of upcoming events (summaries)
that point to URLs is the best in my opinion.

mr bear

blog sounds fine  what the about meeting materials I sent you ?

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier said at Ò[CLUE-Admin] Thoughts on newsletterÓ.
[2003.03.22Sat 16:00]

 Hey all,

 I was thinking this morning about the newsletter. Specifically, I was
 thinking to myself, "self, time to work on the newsletter."

 Then, I was thinking about all of the input I've gotten from folks about
 what they'd like to see in the newsletter.

 That would be none. After the last meeting, where I stood up and asked
 for people to e-mail me comments or critiques or whatever about the
 newsletter, I received absolutely no input at all. Not one person who
 was at the meeting took the time to write an e-mail and say "I'd like to
 see this" or "I like this" or even "It's an fscking waste of time and
 I'll never read it, but thanks."

 That makes me wonder just how useful it is to produce a newsletter when
 there seems to be no interest.

 I was also thinking that it might be more useful to have something
 slightly more fluid than a newsletter... so I'm proposing something
 else, a CLUE-blog.

 Instead of a once-a-month newsletter that (apparently) no one reads, I'm
 proposing a weblog that can be continually updated with important
 information... I'm still willing to "edit" said blog, but I'm just
 questioning whether the newsletter format is the best way to go. I'm
 still more than willing to do a newsletter, too, if that's the best way
 to go... but I'm thinking that maybe it isn't and I'd like to get a
 little feedback.

 I thought I would toss this out to the admin group first before putting
 it on the general talk list.

 Best,

 Zonker
 --