[CLUE-Admin] Oracle presentations and swag

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Nov 20 23:46:07 MST 2003

On 20 Nov 2003 23:14:34 -0700
Crawford Rainwater <crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net> wrote:

> For presentations, he has folks from various ends of the spectrum in
> Oracle that can come and speak to the CLUE groups.  There were two main
> focal areas, one being more along the Java and Oracle development area,
> the other being more on Oracle (tweeked) on Linux area.

More market-speak? Ask them if they're willing to give a technical
presentation on implementing ClusterFS using Linux. (Oracle angle is how
Oracle takes advantage of that architecture.) Or, how about tuning Linux
filesystems (any of ext2/3, Reiser, JFS, XFS, ... [implementing
asynchronous IO?]) and/or tweaking the Linux kernel for Oracle.

I'd like to hear someone from Oracle talk about Linux. I've heard a couple
of their real techno-geek types talk about Oracle internals, and they have
some sharp people. But I hope it can be kept in the Linux/Tech framework.