[CLUE-Admin] Website Maintenance Notes

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Mon Oct 27 14:55:58 MST 2003

On Sunday 26 October 2003 11:51 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> This is an inaccurate perception and I would suggest that the opposite
> is slightly more true.  But I can't seem to effectively explain why.  If
> I'm wrong I'd like to understand.

Dave,

Here's the rationale:  since we submit our .us DN record changes to the firm
in control of those changes and they are 1) discarded or 2) ignored -- we
don't know what happens to them except that our name servers are not updated!
-- I'd say that this is the control issue.

OTH - cluedenver.org is registered and administered by Techangle, they are
it's authority so any changes to name servers for cluedenver.org are handled
seamlessly as far as we are concerned.

If you can give me a more effective way to submit a DN record change for our
.us domains (and have the authority actually apply those changes in a
reasonable amount of time), we're all ears.  We're planning to keep the three
.us domains anyway, just that you'll have to change over to cluedenver.org
for mailman.

Jeff