[CLUE-Admin] Website Maintenance Notes

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Oct 27 20:36:12 MST 2003

Jeff Cann wrote:

[...]
> Here's the rationale:  since we submit our .us DN record changes to the firm
> in control of those changes and they are 1) discarded or 2) ignored -- we
> don't know what happens to them except that our name servers are not updated!
> -- I'd say that this is the control issue.

You mean control of our delegations, not our zone files[1].  I'll buy
that, though it hasn't really been an issue.  We hadn't actually asked
for changes when we got the .org domain.  I assume we (Lynn) have since.

[...]

> If you can give me a more effective way to submit a DN record change for our
> .us domains (and have the authority actually apply those changes in a
> reasonable amount of time), we're all ears.  We're planning to keep the three
> .us domains anyway, just that you'll have to change over to cluedenver.org
> for mailman.

To make our DNS more reliable and to give us better control over our
zone files I'd recommend running the master CLUE DNS on the CLUE server.
  Jeff O. will have to decide on the pros and cons, since he's the one
to do it.

There isn't much to do about our delegations other than changing domains
like we are.  But that problem has been secondary.

Dave

[1] Delegations say "there is a clue.denver.co.us domain".  Zone files
say "the address for clue.denver.co.us is blah; the mail exchanger for
clue.denver.co.us is blah; etc."