[clue-admin] CVS Publishing Script

grant johnson amadensor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 04:14:03 MST 2004

The reason we use the tags is that the latest version is not always
what we want.  Often there is something that needs to go right away,
while other things are not done yet.  We often still commit things
that are not done to allow colaborative work on them.

I do not understand why it is a bad thing to have the CVS folders
available to the world.  The information in them should be benign.
CVSROOT=/home/cvsroot or :pserver:anonymous at localhost:/home/cvsroot
Nothhing all that secret or security dangerous there, especially if it
is a locally mounted FS, even if it is a pserver, if it is publically
open, someone who wants in will have already port scanned 2401.

As for limiting who can and cannot tag, it is easy, if you need it,
let me know.  There is one thing I want in exchange, though.  It is
under the GPL, so, if you make it cooler......