[clue-admin] CVS Publishing Script

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Dec 17 12:05:03 MST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:00:54 -0700
David Anselmi wrote:

> Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > The reason for that is that the actual html directory is one-deep in
> > the website project. If I could do 'cvs export website/html' then I'd
> > get the files where I want them.
>
> Export will do this.  Here's what you want:
>
> cvs export -d .../new_html -r HEAD website/html
>
> This pulls only the files you want and puts them where you want.  If you
> don't use -d you get the leading website/ in the exported path.

Thanks Dave. And, FWIW, the reason the ln -sf worked on the command line
when I tried it is that the publishing script had already removed the link
target. The addition of the no-dereference flag fixed it right up. BTW, in
the man page, it's pretty unclear, I think, given that the description for
-n mentions "destination" without defining it. Oh well.

Anyways, I'm putting this into production. It's attached here in case
anyone wants to throw rocks at my code -- I never claimed to be a 1337
bash scripter. I admit my error handling is primitive.

I'm thinking of setting up a "tools" CVS module for one-off stuff like
this.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/