[clue-admin] Mailman archives not being re-built?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Dec 28 21:13:59 MST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:24:06 -0700
Jeff Cann wrote:

> FWIW - /usr/lib/mailman/cron/crontab.in contains the cron entries.  They
> are now running in root's crontab.

Thanks, Jeff.

I looked, just out of curiosity. According to the comments in that file,
it should have been running, unless /etc/cron.d/ isn't being processed for
some reason, or is failing. (By which I'm referring to it being copied to
/etc/cron.d -- where it does, in fact exist.)

Just for grins, I checked for the output of /etc/cron.d/systat, and the
/var/log/sa/ reports are there for every day.

It's not obvious to me where error reports from this cron job would go,
and I didn't see anything in /var/spool/mail/mailman. Yet that's where I'd
expect to find them, barring some other disposition. But the mailman
aliases are commented out. I assume it's OK if I uncomment those now.

But this is curioser than it appeared at first glance -- I think.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E