[CLUE-Admin] Website Updates (Repost)

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Tue Jan 6 21:28:50 MST 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 7:24 pm, Lynn Danielson wrote:

> I got them both.  I've noticed that occasionally it takes longer than it
> should for messages to come through.  I don't know if there's anything
> we can do on our server to improve this or not.

Dave Anselmi pointed out that after Roy moved our server to their new coloc,
the (new) HOSTNAME was not in /etc/hosts.

This also caused a problem with the 'senddigest' cron script.  You can read my
(unanswered) post to the mailman users list here:

 + http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-January/033772.html

This senddigest job is scheduled to run at noon each and because it failed for
a couple of weeks, I think there is a backlog of digests.  As it processes,
it sucks all 64 MB of RAM until the process runs out of memory.

So, anyone who sends an email around noon may experience a delay, due to the
memory problem and (perhaps) because mailman queue processing is also
affected.

> Does anyone else have a suggestion?

MIgrate from our current P90, 64 MB of RAM to the 'new' server which is a
P2/350 with 384 MB of RAM.   Jeff Orrock was going to work on this but has
become busy with real work.  So, we'll get a status from him at the next
admin meeting.  If he won't be able to do the migration, then we'll look for
another volunteer.

http://isuma.org/