[CLUE-Admin] our projector and laptop display

Jeffery Cann jc_cann at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 11:18:36 MST 2004

Dave J.,

It turns out that our projector displays native
1024x768.  Some folks like a higher resolution on
their laptops.

When a presentor uses a higher resolution, our
projector will crop the screen to fit 1024 x 768.  So,
to guarantee that the display matches the projection,
presentors should set their X display to 1024 x 768.
If they don't want to reset, then the projected image
is truncated.

Also, the other common problem is that some video
ports are disabled by default - especially in newer
laptops that have the one, large docking station
interface.  Presenters should check their BIOS
settings and confirm that their video output is
enabled.

Jeff

=====
the quality of thoughtfulness - http://isuma.org/