[CLUE-Admin] Re: Upcoming CLUE Topics

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Sun Jan 25 22:30:53 MST 2004

Dave and company,

CLUE-North meeting dates:
CLUE-North has been discussing changing the meeting dates from the 3rd
Thursdays to the 4th Mondays due to DeVry's course scheduling (Mondays
seem to be their "low" nights) for reference.

Joanne will be firming this up shortly with DeVry so we can get things
going for 23 February being on this new schedule.

April and Oracle:
On April, Oracle can still do that month from what I understand from
Todd Trichler (Oracle LUG rep, also based locally in Denver), just
depends on what the focus the group would want since Oracle has a few
folks that do their demos (meet with them at the LinuxWorld Expo in NYC
last week as well).  There was a nice demo of a RedHat + SuSE cluster
for Oracle done, as well as various other areas including Oracle Java
work to basic Oracle installation on RedHat, SuSE, and Debian distros
(all have their little "quirks" of course).

Presentations:
>From the change of venue to DeVry, CLUE-North might be needing to
re-vamp some of the topics to more "newbie" and intro to Linux oriented
topics for a majority of the presentations.  I have had an offer for a
Netsaint (now called Nagios) demo on Mandrake for network monitoring
that I will be following up this week.  However, I am looking for more
volunteers and topics (BOF has a few ideas as well and might do one
later towards the summer time).

Comment appreciated.

--- Crawford