[CLUE-Admin] InstallFest extra: CD ISO server use potentially

Skipworthy skipworthy at realivetech.com
Wed Mar 24 15:26:16 MST 2004

Crawford-

I may not be able to make it to the installfest, but my .02c anyway...

What about a lighter-weight distro for older boxes or laptops? How
about a CD with updated libraries and some alternative window managers?
How about Open Office? alternatice browsers?

Maybe that's a bit advanced, but if you've got the drives, why not have
some stuff like that available locally?

Glen

> We (Linux ETC) recently acquired a (used) 28 bay SCSI CD-ROM server,
which
> will be tested this week.  Pending its functionality, we could bring
it to
> the InstallFest along with a separate WAP and switch (isolate it from
> DeVry's network to conserve bandwidth at their request) and load it up
> with various CD ISO images (just one section, which would be 14 bays)
so